Monday, March 17, 2008

The Starving

Dear Reader, the story you are about to read is true. I have transcribed it from the original manuscript as accurately as possible given the degraded condition of the vellum upon which it was written, and the English usage prevalent in that day, which opens to question the meaning of some words and phrases. You will be shocked by what you read. Those of you with delicate constitutions may wish to forego the reading altogether. I strongly recommend that this document not be shared with school children, for it is a part of our history best confined to the dusty corridors of academia. Nor would I recommend it for overly sensitive adults, or those whose mental faculties are frail or impaired in any way. That being said, I should explain to you how I came upon the manuscript from which I have transcribed the story.

Thus begins the story, "The Starving;" a horrifying tale of cannibalism and dementia, and perhaps ghosts. Don’t read it by yourself – especially at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation request has been emailed to the blog author.