Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting Personal

I scratched my head and thought about what to write in the Guest Book. I’d known KT for close to 20 years. I scanned through the obit and visitor entries. The usual mix of prayers and memories. I wanted something more personal, so I wrote, “Hey KT, you are AWOL. WAYN? XOXO,” and clicked submit.

%%%%%

Very short fiction, variously known as flash fiction, micro fiction, or nano fiction, among other things, is a kind of genre all its own. The form challenges the writer to capture the essence of a story in the minimum number of words possible. Pen Pricks carries the challenge one step further, requiring its authors to write a complete story in exactly 55 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation request has been emailed to the blog author.